Clean Eating Day Five...
|photo and recipe by cleaneatingmag.com|
Mushroom & Radicchio Thin Crust Pizzetta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp rosemary sprigs, finely chopped, divided
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp cornmeal (if pkg specifies a grind, opt for fine, not coarse)
- 1 1-lb pkg store-bought whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 tsp plus 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 medium radicchio, thinly sliced and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Coat a large sauté pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender, light golden brown in color and no liquid remains in pan. Transfer garlic-mushroom mixture to a bowl, season with 1/2 tsp rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside at room temperature.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape, as thin as possible, about 12 inches x 16 inches in size. Transfer dough onto baking sheet and brush with 1 tsp oil. Top pizza with remaining rosemary, tomatoes and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Place pan into oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crust is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and slice crust in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 pieces.
- While pizzetta is baking, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tbsp oil into vinegar. Drain radicchio well and place into a large bowl. Add arugula and dressing to radicchio and toss well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Top each pizzetta slice with radicchio salad and garlic-mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.