Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Maple Peameal Bacon


photo by keithbjones on flickr

I love, love, love this recipe for crazy-busy days you don't have time to cook. You come home and dinner is served! I originally got this recipe from Denise and she does it up nicely on the Barbecue.

I, however, like to simmer mine in a crock-pot on the lowest setting until the peameal roast is just falling apart. I don't recommend doing this method in the oven as it would have a tendency to dry out.

You can pile it high on whole wheat buns but we usually just like to eat it on its own. Great for Sunday Brunches up at the cottage too.

I can't tell you how much you'll be happy to add this as one of your quickie meals to serve the family on your busiest days. Enjoy!



Maple Peameal Roast

1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 whole peameal roast (not sliced)

Mix syrup and mustard together and set aside. Spray crock-pot with olive oil and place roast inside. Pour syrup and mustard over top of roast and cook on low setting for at least five hours. I usually do mine for 8-9.

Once done, take two forks and shred the meat; letting it mix in with the juices from the crock-pot. If you didn't have as long a cooking time and find it hard to shred, just carve it in slices. That's the way Denise likes it (but mine is SO much better!).

9 comments:

  1. Nice! I love pulled pork, but never thought to do it with peameal. I'm going to have to try this one Trace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **drool** That sounds awesome and just the thing to get us out of our food "funk" around here. I'm gonna do this at the cottage on the weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmphhh I say it's still better My way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang this sounds good! I think my mother would be upset if I did this for Easter dinner though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh delicious!!! Wow. Love this one going to try it for sure. Just catching up with you Tracey..things are nutz with kids and life as you know! I can always rely on you for inspiration in the kitchen however. Thanks!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just searched "peamal roast crock pot" and this was the first hit! I'm going to start it now and should be ready after we get back from Aaron's hockey game in Trenton. Perfect!

    Fusco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! :) doin that riiiiiight... Now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you do this recipe with a frozen peameal roast?

    ReplyDelete

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog