Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Caesar Spinach Salad

After Easter (and binging on my kids' chocolate stashes), I am on a salad kick. Thanks to many friends and family members for forwarding me their favourites! Here is one I made tonight and it was really fantastic.

photo by powerfulgood on flickr


Lemon Caesar Salad with Baby Spinach

Dressing:
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil Light Mayonnaise
2 tsp. anchovy paste (or 3 anchovy fillets, minced)
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Throw all of the above together. I let mine sit overnight so flavours could party and infuse together, but you can use right away also.


Toss with 1 lb. baby spinach, freshly sliced tomatoes, croutons and shaved bits of Parmesan cheese. I served this with whole grain flat bread toasted in the oven with olive oil and some marinated flank steak.

I hope this recipe finds you enjoying spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog