Saturday, April 16, 2011

Turkey Scallopini

Have I not posted this one yet? This is something I make often. My kids really love it. A recipe that was passed on to me by Denise, it's a dinner you can whip up pretty fast. I sometimes cook ahead, then just reheat when I get home from work.

photo by simply recipes


Denise's Turkey Scallopini

1 1/2# Turkey Scallopini cutlets (usually sold at Loblaws)
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves; minced (I use pre-chopped in the jar)
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Capers
2 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley

Pat turkey dry and dredge in flour. Heat half the oil in skillet over high heat (until hot but not smoking).

Saute turkey until browned on both sides and just cooked through (about 4 min.). Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.  Repeat until all turkey cutlets have been browned and cooked. Set aside turkey.

Add remaining oil to the skillet and cook garlic until fragrant. Add broth and deglaze over moderately high heat, scraping up the brown bits from the pan. Boil until broth is reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in lemon juice, capers, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.

Return turkey to skillet and heat through.

2 comments:

  1. This seems really easy. I might try it with chicken breasts as well.

    ReplyDelete

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog