Thursday, June 10, 2010



This week, I've been feeling a bit sluggish. Slow on the bike. Drained energy. What's goin' on? Don't feel sick. Life is treating me well. Go figure. Tried to bike up the wall twice on Monday and couldn't do it.

When I got home, I had the urge to whip up some good ole' bran muffins -- tossed in some fresh berries, and voila! I whipped up the best darn muffins I've ever pulled from the oven! Jeremy's band was practicing downstairs and they all emerged from the basement drooling from the aroma that engulfed the kitchen. Those poor, starving musicians. They didn't stick around long enough for a sampling.


Check out this pan. Great for Yorkshire Pudding and even better for muffins!

I highly recommend getting a set of Yorkshire Pudding pans. These worked amazingly! Nice, high muffin tops - yummy! Scorfed one of these babies down before hitting the sack and then plowed into another helping for breakfast.

Well, let me just say that I have had a little bit more pep in my step! And the wall? Tackled it no problem on Tuesday morning - with gusto! Thanks, Bran, for bringing me back to life.

Tracey's Energy Muffins

1/2 cup unsalted butter; melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 or 2 cups berries (I used blueberries and raspberries)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease pan or line with paper liners.

In mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add bananas, milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Stir in flour, bran, baking powder, soda and salt. Blend just until moistened. Fold in berries.

Pour batter into tins. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool. Eat. Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog