Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Auntie Anne's Raspberry Jammers

My Auntie Anne brought these over to my house after I had given birth to my first child. I think I lived off of just these cookies as I juggled those busy, early days as a new Mommy. She said her and her siblings grew up on these "jam-jams". I've been making them ever since!

2 Eggs
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Butter, room temperature (my Aunt used Margarine)
1/2 cup Maple Syrup (from Lakeview Lavender Farms, of course!)
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Baking Soda
3 1/2 cups Flour

Beat together first 5 ingredients until light and fluffy. Sift together flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. If dough is too soft to handle, add a bit more flour, but be careful not to get your dough too firm. Flour board well and roll out to 1/4" thickness. Cut with cookie cutter and transfer to cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Using two cookies, stick "sandwiches" together with lots of raspberry jam. Will get soft if left in cookie jar for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog