Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Avocado and Feta Salsa

photo by abbsworth on flickr


Hello Summer Worshippers! I've missed you all! I promised I'd only post in the summer if I came across a delectable recipe that is absolutely worth sharing. Well, wait no longer because I definitely have just that.

What I love about this time of year is serving up dock-side munchies and quick appetizers so that we can get back to all the great stuff this time of year brings. Less time in the kitchen means more water-skiing, tubing, jet skiing, mountain biking, boating, fishing and swimming.

I had no trouble tripling and quadrupling this recipe for a large appetizer to serve a crowd.

Avocado and Feta Salsa

2 plum tomatoes - chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 tablesponn chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar

1 ripe avodado - diced
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese

Mix together first seven ingredients and sit in fridge for 2-6 hours. Prior to serving, peel and dice the avocado and toss in along with feta cheese. Serve with tacos and napkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog