Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Clean Eating!


illustration by rashiekaestelle on flickr

Hello all guilt-ridden readers out there! If you feel anywhere near how I do after all the indulging over the holidays, you'll really appreciate this meal.

This is one of my faves that I absolutely love. In fact, my entire family loves it. It's so simple but I can't even begin to tell you in a blog how flavourful this is. So if you're skeptical, it's really worth the try.

If you're looking for a low-fat, clean-eating recipe, this is it. I guarantee you'll find yourself making it again and again.

Tracey's Lentils and Black Beans

Olive Oil
1 small minced onion (I use my food processor)
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
2-3 cans of either Lentils, Black Beans or both (rinsed)
1 Carton Chicken broth

Optional:
Cilantro

Lemon Juice



Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic. Sautee until fragrant and lightly browned. Add all three cans of legumes and about 1 cup of broth.




Turn heat to medium-low and simmer. Once the liquid evaporates, add more broth. Keep doing this over the next hour until all broth is used. I usually use more than a carton sometimes, depending on how much time I have to work with. The longer, the better.



My kids like to sprinkle lemon or lime juice on their servings. I prefer to eat it as is, or sometimes I chop up some fresh cilantro and throw that on top.

Honestly one of my top ten dinners for sure. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog