Monday, August 15, 2011

Factory Workers' Chicken





Right now, I'm listening to a gang of kids over at the house. Kid #1 is filming yet another movie to add to her list of creations. I'm trying to stay out of the way for fear of getting pummeled with whipping cream, jello and other assorted props I see laying around the 'set'.

Monday also comes with trying to get through laundry, a piled-up 'in' box from procrastination of last week's office emails, a bare-looking fridge. Trying to multi-task all these responsibilities all within the confines of working from home and sharing said work space with my little Steven Spielberg.

I'm also planning to join the group ride tonight. Looking to hit some hard hills to work off another summer weekend of over-indulgence. Can you blame me? We were in Montreal and discovering all the awesome flavours of that great, old city. Mmm, salmon bowtie pasta I will miss you.

Something fast for dinner. I have chicken thighs and other half-empty jars in the fridge. Saw this and it looked easy and reviews spoke highly of this one. Will give you the verdict after I hammer through the day. At least something hot will be on the table and I'll be able to load up my bike in time to feel the wind through my pony tail as I careen over logs and roots in this beautiful playground we call Earth.

photo by pollo campero on flickr


Factory Workers' Chicken

2 lbs. Chicken Thighs
1 Bottle Italian Dressing
1 Jar Salsa (2 cups)

Mix above together and marinate for at least two hours. Luckily, I'm trying this four hours before dinner time!

Remove chicken from marinade and grill for about 20 minutes. Serve with whatever you have in the fridge....I'm thinking rice and a salad.

Happy Monday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog