Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Guacamole


Darryl and Jeremy sitting boat-side!


How are all you summer worshipers doing? This weather has been fantastic allowing us to be dockside, poolside, porch side, bonfire side! So whatever 'side' you've found yourselves on this past month or two, I hope you're soaking up every ray; getting every drop of sunshine. You deserve it!

I've gotta' post this recipe for Guacamole. It is my absolute go-to summer dip. My kids devour it too so I'm always cracking open the avocados all season long. Don't skimp on the cilantro - this fresh herb smells so good and is the key to this dip's success! If you can't get your hands on fresh cilantro, save yourself the trouble and wait until you can get your paws on a bunch. You seriously need it for this Group-Pleasing Gwock.


photo by dubow

Guacamole

6-10 avocados, peeled and seeded
Diced Tomatoes (as much as you wish; I usually throw in one or two)
Minced white or purple onion (I usually do one big one if I'm doing up a big bowl)
A bunch of fresh cilantro; washed and chopped
Splash of Red Hot Sauce - just a splash!
Fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Ground Black Pepper

Mash the avocado with a potato masher. Stir in the tomatoes and onions. Add lots of fresh cilantro then mix in lime juice. I usually squirt in about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup to start then fool around with the quantity. Add the splash of hot sauce. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste. Give it a final stir then squirt some more lime juice on top.Serve with Lime Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog