Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Wall Pasta

Now that biking season is back in full force, I contend with my nemesis: The Wall.

This climb located in Durham Forest is known to many riders and I throw myself at its mercy at the beginning of every season; using it as my measuring stick to see just how badly my body has withered over winter hibernation (and egg nog, and rum balls, and New Year's chocolate fountains...).

Well, I'm happy to say that I climbed that @#!# hill last night while riding with some very encouraging women - I couldn't have done it without you, girls! You reminded me that giving up right at the end would leave me with a feeling much worse than the burning in my legs.

So this page is dedicated to said wall. Even though I despise you, you're good for me. And you give me a great excuse to splurge on carbs - after all, that hard work deserves a reward!


photo by annamatic3000 on flickr

Pasta à la Wall

1 box whole wheat spaghetti
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teasponn crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 - 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil

In large pot, boil salted water then add spaghetti until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute garlic, parsley and red pepper with olive oil over medium heat. Cook until fragrant and garlic turns golden; about ten minutes. Toss infused olive oil with spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog