Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Maple Cookies


photo by Obajoo on Flickr

Okay, okay. I apologize. I've been totally slacking on this blog thing lately! But it's spring and my new schedule has me riding in the forest as often as I can get in there!

For instance, today I had a blast finding a new trail called 'Maple Gravy'; a nice, winding track that takes you into the heart of Durham Forest. So beautiful. While the winds pushed and swayed the tops of the towering trees above me, I stayed nestled in among the trails nice and warm and having fun.

So as an ode to the Maple Gravy run, and since it's my turn to bake for the boys' group home this week, I give you Maple Cookies. Ooey, Gooey goodness but don't skimp on the syrup, people! Use the real stuff. Especially if you're Canadian-blooded. Think I'll throw in some chocolate chips with this. Think that'll work out? I'll let you know...

Maple Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter; softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup maple syrup - the real deal! None of that Aunt Jemima crap
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
white sugar for decorating

Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, syrup and vanilla. Throw in the rest of the stuff and mix well. Shape into 1" balls and roll in white sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.

2 comments:

  1. Never apologize for being out living your life! Blogging is but an accent!!!

    Maple anything has me at hello. So trying these. Thanks Trac!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, go for the chocolate chips! And perhaps some maple extract to give it extra zing!

    ReplyDelete

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog