Sunday, November 20, 2011

Roasted Radishes and Beets with Blue Cheese

I was searching the web and came across something I've never heard before: roasting radishes.

Have you ever roasted a radish? I highly recommend doing this. The flavour was dee-lightful!

I ended up tossing these babies in with a few other things as it transformed into my lunch. I absolutely loved this and what do I do when I try something new and love it? I share it. That's just how I roll. :)

You're lookin' at my lunch.

Roasted Radish and Beet Salad

Beets; with skins but greens and roots removed
Radishes
Olive Oil
Minced Garlic

Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 lime
Salt to taste
Cracked Black Pepper to taste

Take a piece of aluminum foil and place beets on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Wrap them up to form a little packet of goodness. Be sure the steam cannot escape. Repeat for the radishes.

Place both packets in 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for a moment. Take a paper towel and rub the beets, removing the skin. Slice and place in bowl.

Add roasted radishes to bowl. Top with crumbled blue cheese, salt and pepper. Squeeze a lime wedge over mixture and toss.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to Chew On...

Along For the Ride

Search This Blog